Experienced Pub Assistant Manager
The Duke William
We are looking for a hardworking, creative and charismatic industry professional to help lead the team. You will be responsible for the smooth day to day running of this 7-day operation alongside the Pub Manager. The candidates will be expected to bring fresh, new and exciting ideas. In return for your hard work you will receive an excellent salary, fantastic working conditions and company benefits.
Born in Kent, Mark Sargeant discovered a passion and flair for cooking at a young age. Mark began his culinary career at Boodles Gentleman’s Club in St James, before working in multiple restaurants across Kent and London, including Oliver Peyton’s Coast Restaurant, where he won the Young Chef of the Year Award.
Mark started working with Gordon Ramsay at A ubergine in February 1997, before becoming part of the team to open Restaurant Gordon Ramsay as Sous Chef. During Mark’s four years at the restaurant, it won its coveted three Michelin Stars…
Working at The Duke William
Along with The Duke William, Mark Sargeant, celebrity chef and ex-right-hand man to Gordon Ramsay, and The Pickled Egg Pub Company, own and operate 3 other sites across Kent. These include The Radnor Arms, a recently-renovated victorian pub in the old bouverie district of folkestone, The Woolpack, a beautiful 16th century inn nestled in the peacefully picturesque village of warehorne and The Five Bells, a stunning 16th century inn overlooking the rolling hills of the north downs in east brabourne.
About the role
- Will work directly with senior team.
- Responsibility for weekly P&L performance of the sites, and managing weekly stock performance.
- Driving sales through service procedures and incentives within each business.
- Constant reviewing of Covid-19 procedures in line with the government advice.
- Maintaining the upkeep of each site.
- Overseeing social activity for the group in conjunction with the marketing manager.
- Management at a central level of all booking systems (restaurants and rooms), rota platform, till & stock systems.
We are looking for a highly motivated, industry-driven candidate with some pub management experience in a fast-paced, high volume, premium food and drink environment who will be responsible for ensuring the highest levels of service are maintained at all times.
Your Key Attributes
- Some experience at pub management level in a busy customer facing environment.
- Extremely high customer service skills and an ability to build and maintain relationships with the local community and customer base.
- Calmness under pressure whilst being able to adapt instinctively to any given situation.
- The ability to create a disciplined yet fun working environment for the team.
- You must be IT literate – working with systems and process. Previous experience of EPOS and Open Table would be a distinct advantage.