Front of House Staff
The Duke William
We are now recruiting for Front of House Staff to join our existing team at The Duke William, Nr Ickham. The Duke is a quintessential British pub serving great food with four beautiful overnight rooms.
Born in Kent, Mark Sargeant discovered a passion and flair for cooking at a young age. Mark began his culinary career at Boodles Gentleman’s Club in St James, before working in multiple restaurants across Kent and London, including Oliver Peyton’s Coast Restaurant, where he won the Young Chef of the Year Award.
Mark started working with Gordon Ramsay at A ubergine in February 1997, before becoming part of the team to open Restaurant Gordon Ramsay as Sous Chef. During Mark’s four years at the restaurant, it won its coveted three Michelin Stars…
Working at The Duke William
Along with The Duke William, Mark Sargeant, celebrity chef and ex-right-hand man to Gordon Ramsay, and The Pickled Egg Pub Company, own and operate 3 other sites across Kent. These include The Radnor Arms, a recently-renovated victorian pub in the old bouverie district of folkestone, The Woolpack, a beautiful 16th century inn nestled in the peacefully picturesque village of warehorne and The Five Bells, a stunning 16th century inn overlooking the rolling hills of the north downs in east brabourne.
About the role
- Greet and look after guests
- Understand and communicate the menu and all products available
- Handling payments
- Working as part of the team, making a positive contribution to the friendly atmosphere and smooth running of the pub
You must be well presented and highly motivated with excellent communication skills and a warm smile. Experience would be preferred but training can be given.
Your Key Attributes
- Applicants must be well presented and highly motivated
- Possess superb customer service and communication skills
- Hospitality experience is preferred but not essential
- Personality, charisma and an infectious smile are key! Candidates will be expected to bring their own personality to the role.