Experienced Bar Supervisor
We are now recruiting for Experienced Bar Supervisor to join our existing team at Rocksalt. Rocksalt serves the best in locally sourced produce from along the Kent Coast and surrounding Countryside with a strong leaning towards Fish and Seafood. The dedicated bar area on the 1st floor sits cantilevered over Folkestone harbour with stunning panoramic views out over the English Channel and serves a range of stunning cocktails created by the in-house team, local and artisan beers, fine wines and fabulous bar food.
Working at Rocksalt
The award winning restaurant rocksalt and the fabulous fish and chip restaurant the smokehouse are both in folkestone. there are also four boutique “bolt hole” en-suite rooms to accompany them. A few miles away in the heart of Ickham, near Canterbury, we have the quintessential food-led british pub called The Duke William, which also has four newly refurbished en-suite rooms. Finally, The Wife of Bath restaurant in Wye, near Ashford; newly opened and serving Northern Spanish inspired dishes, the restaurant also has five beautifully refurbished en-suite rooms.
About the role
- Greet and look after guests
- Understand and communicate the menu and all products available
- Handling payments
- Working as part of the team, making a positive contribution to the friendly atmosphere and smooth running of the pub
You must be well presented and highly motivated, good knowledge of cocktails and the drinks industry gained through working in relevant high-end establishments is preferred. The ideal candidate will also : Deliver a First-Class service by connecting/engaging with customers Anticipate its client’s needs Provide consistent quality beverages and service Knows its products and descriptions Maintain high standards and efficiency of work Promote and upsell specials Ensure all duties are carried out as required throughout the shift Supervise general bar and bar floor activities Maintain and manage a daily social media presence in line with the Rocksalt brand Step in to provide cover (Bar floor and management) Responds in a speedy and effective manner to customers comments and complaints in accordance with procedures and standard Ensure bar team uniforms are in line with the Rocksalt standard Assist with Weekly Rota Ensure orders are communicated through the Epos system only To maintain equipment, clean and in working order Design daily/weekly cocktails, recipes and provide full descriptions and training Plan tasting sessions Keep bars, back-bar and cellar cleans and appropriately stocked Ensure weekly deep clean is adhere to Manage monthly stock take and input data on shared network Maintain strict stock and financial control Keep wastage to a minimum and keep a wastage record Manage cash up and end of day closing procedures Adhere to Health and Safety Regulations and records are up to date
Your Key Attributes
- Applicants must be well presented and highly motivated
- Possess superb customer service and communication skills
- High end hospitality experience is preferred but not essential
- Waiting experience and a passion for food is also beneficial as Rocksalt Bar operates its own extremely popular independent food menu from the restaurant downstairs.
- Personality, charisma and an infectious smile are key! Candidates will be expected to bring their own personality to the role.