Experienced Bar Staff
We are now recruiting for Experienced Bar Staff to join our existing team at Rocksalt. Rocksalt serves the best in locally sourced produce from along the Kent Coast and surrounding Countryside with a strong leaning towards Fish and Seafood. The dedicated bar area on the 1st floor sits cantilevered over Folkestone harbour with stunning panoramic views out over the English Channel and serves a range of stunning cocktails created by the in-house team, local and artisan beers, fine wines and fabulous bar food.
Born in Kent, Mark Sargeant discovered a passion and flair for cooking at a young age. Mark began his culinary career at Boodles Gentleman’s Club in St James, before working in multiple restaurants across Kent and London, including Oliver Peyton’s Coast Restaurant, where he won the Young Chef of the Year Award.
Mark started working with Gordon Ramsay at A ubergine in February 1997, before becoming part of the team to open Restaurant Gordon Ramsay as Sous Chef. During Mark’s four years at the restaurant, it won its coveted three Michelin Stars…
Working at Rocksalt
The award winning restaurant rocksalt and the fabulous fish and chip restaurant the smokehouse are both in folkestone. there are also four boutique “bolt hole” en-suite rooms to accompany them. A few miles away in the heart of Ickham, near Canterbury, we have the quintessential food-led british pub called The Duke William, which also has four newly refurbished en-suite rooms. Finally, The Wife of Bath restaurant in Wye, near Ashford; newly opened and serving Northern Spanish inspired dishes, the restaurant also has five beautifully refurbished en-suite rooms.
About the role
- Greet and look after guests
- Understand and communicate the menu and all products available
- Handling payments
- Working as part of the team, making a positive contribution to the friendly atmosphere and smooth running of the pub
You must be well presented and highly motivated, good knowledge of cocktails and the drinks industry gained through working in relevant high-end establishments is preferred.
Your Key Attributes
- Applicants must be well presented and highly motivated
- Possess superb customer service and communication skills
- High end hospitality experience is preferred but not essential
- Waiting experience and a passion for food is also beneficial as Rocksalt Bar operates its own extremely popular independent food menu from the restaurant downstairs.
- Personality, charisma and an infectious smile are key! Candidates will be expected to bring their own personality to the role.